With the end of the Snowflake Showcase approaching, I wanted to share this shimmery snowflakes card with you. I know you will enjoy this tutorial. It is actually one of my favorites because snowflakes can tell such a story. You can change your sentiment or add different embellishments and make it your own. The snowflakes can really sparkle.
• Stamp Sets – Snow is Glistening (149742)
• Card Stock – Balmy Blue (147007)
• Stamp Pads – Balmy Blue (147105)
• Misc. – Frost White Shimmer Paint (147046); Basic Jewels Rhinestones (144220); Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430)
• Balmy Blue card stock: 8 ¼” x 5⅞”; 4” x 5 ¾”
1. Fold the largest piece of Balmy Blue card stock in half to make the card base.
2. Using Balmy Blue ink, stamp the larger snowflakes up the left hand side of the other Balmy Blue card stock piece.
3. Also, using Balmy Blue ink, stamp the slightly smaller snowflakes.
4. Then stamp the small cluster of snowflakes and dots in between and around the other snowflakes.
5. Stamp the sentiment using Balmy Blue ink.
6. Using a paintbrush, paint some of the Frost White Shimmer Paint onto the larger snowflake stamp, then stamp over the Balmy Blue snowflakes. The paint will want to make the stamp slide, so be careful.
7. Repeat with the smaller snowflakes.
8. Let this dry or use a heat tool to speed the drying if you wish.
9. Add a few rhinestones.
10. Finally, using dimensionals, attach this completed panel to the card base.